Nokia CEO Stephen Elop to keynote Nokia World 2011, London
Annual event to focus on what's new, now at Nokia
|Espoo, Finland - Nokia is one week away from its biggest event of the year - Nokia World 2011, hosted in London at ICC London ExCel from October 26-27. The opening keynote speech will be given by president and CEO, Stephen Elop, and will outline the latest Nokia news including the progress of Nokia's new strategy announced earlier this year and the plan ahead. |
Although press registration for Nokia World is now closed, the opening keynote can be viewed by all via live web-cast beginning at 9:00 a.m. BST on Wednesday, October 26 at http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld.
|Image: Stephen Elop|
Highlighted speakers on the Nokia World event program:
· Stephen Elop, Chief Executive Officer, Nokia
· Jo Harlow, Executive Vice President, Smart Devices, Nokia
· Mary McDowell, Executive Vice President, Mobile Phones, Nokia
· Michael Halbherr, Executive Vice President, Location & Commerce, Nokia
· Henry Tirri, Executive Vice President, CTO, Nokia
· Marko Ahtisaari, Senior Vice President, Design, Nokia
· Marco Argenti, Senior Vice President, Developer Experience & Marketplace, Nokia
· Joe Belfiore, Corporate Vice President, Windows Phone Program, Microsoft
· Erik Jorgensen, Corporate Vice President, Bing Mobile, Microsoft
· Noel Lee, CEO, Monster
· Peter Vesterbacka, Mighty Eagle and Chief Marketing Officer, Rovio
· Holger Luedorf, Vice President Mobile & Partnership, Foursquare
· Loic Le Meur, CEO Seesmic & Founder of LeWeb
ICC London ExCeL (East entrance)
One Western Gateway
Royal Victoria Dock
London, E16 IXL
Click here to see the location on Nokia Maps
Apps to help you get there and enjoy the event and what London has to offer:
For more information on Nokia World 2011, including the full event agenda, please visit http://events.nokia.com/nokiaworld. To follow or contribute to the event discussion online, visit the Nokia Conversations blog, follow @nokia and use #NokiaWorld in your tweets.
Notes to the editor:
· Still cameras will be allowed for credentialed photographers; flash photography will be permitted for the first minute only.
· An audio-video mult box will be provided at the press conference. Broadcasters planning to plug into the mult box should bring appropriate cables.
· No live broadcasting or webcasting of the keynote address, or rebroadcasting of the keynote address in its entirety, will be allowed.
· Digital files of the SOT's and b-roll will be available in the Nokia World press area starting Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
· For broadcasters who cannot attend, satellite feed to include SOTs and b-roll from the event will be available through the following coordinates:
APTN global video wire transmission:
Date: Wednesday 26th October 2011
Time: 14:15-14:30 BST
Date: Wednesday 26th October 2011
Time: 20:15-20:30 BST
If you experience any technical difficulties recording the feed please contact
APTN MCR on: +44 (0) 20 7482 7676
B-roll will also be available for download through the Nokia Digital Newsroom.
Nokia is a global leader in mobile communications whose products have become an integral part of the lives of people around the world. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people use their Nokia to capture and share experiences, access information, find their way or simply to speak to one another. Nokia's technological and design innovations have made its brand one of the most recognized in the world. For more information, visit http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia
Tel. +358 7180 34900
Most recent press releases
- 25 February 2014 - Nokia nets 2 Global Mobile Awards, makes history with the Nokia 105
- 24 February 2014 - Nokia welcomes Android developers; expands global developer footprint with momentum across Lumia and Asha
- 24 February 2014 - Nokia connects the next billion with affordable smartphones