Consumers rate Nokia as India's Most Trusted Brand for third year in row
Espoo, Finland - Nokia has been ranked No.1 in The Economic Times-Brand Equity's annual 'Most Trusted Brands' survey for 2010 in India, marking Nokia's recognition as India's most trusted brand for three consecutive years. Nokia has appeared in the survey since 2005, and has held the first position in 2008, 2009 and now, 2010.
Nokia's leadership rating over the years in this survey is also an indicator of the dramatic impact mobility has on India's consumers over the years. India has been among the fastest growing telecom markets in the world with an estimated current mobile subscriber base in excess of 670 million subscribers.
"Nokia has always been a consumer-centric company and a consumer award for 'trust' is the pinnacle of all awards. This award is a testament to our team's deep focus and determined efforts to better understand the needs of the evolving Indian consumer and connect with them. Our initiatives for India - ranging from 'made in India, made for India' handsets, services such as Nokia Life Tools and extensive retail and care networks - are a proof of the fact that we are continuously striving to make a positive impact on the lives of our consumers," said D. Shivakumar, Managing Director, Nokia India Pvt. Ltd.
The award marks the celebration of 15 years of mobility and Nokia in India. The first mobile phone call was made on a Nokia phone using Nokia network on July 31, 1995.
Brand Equity's 'Most Trusted Brands' survey judges 300 brands from consumer products and services. Consumers across 13 Indian cities evaluate the brand on seven key attributes.*
At Nokia, we are committed to connecting people. We combine advanced technology with personalized services that enable people to stay close to what matters to them. Every day, more than 1.2 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia device - from mobile phones to advanced smartphones and high-performance mobile computers. Today, Nokia is integrating its devices with innovative services through Ovi (www.ovi.com), including music, maps, apps, email and more. Nokia's NAVTEQ is a leader in comprehensive digital mapping and navigation services, while Nokia Siemens Networks provides equipment, services and solutions for communications networks globally
*Notes to the editors:
Key brand attributes used in Brand Equity's "Most Trusted Brands" survey:
1. Always maintains a high level of trust
2. Is worth the price it commands
3. Is a brand I would surely consider if I have to buy the product
4. Has been a popular brand for many years
5. Has something that no other brand has
6. Evokes a feeling of confidence and pride among its users
7. Is very special brand with unique feelings associated to it
Tel. +91 9811402847
Tel. +91 7838060683
Tel. +358 7180 34900
Most recent press releases
- 05 December 2013 - Nokia Italia Partners with Sky and Microsoft for the Global Debut of Sky Go on Nokia Lumia devices
- 19 November 2013 - Nokia Extraordinary General Meeting 2013 confirms and approves the sale of substantially all of Nokia’s Devices & Services business to Microsoft
- 04 November 2013 - Samsung extends the patent license agreement between Nokia and Samsung for five years; companies will enter into binding arbitration to settle the amount of additional compensation