Published March 30, 2009 | By Nokia - Press Release
Nokia releases a new software update for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Update includes a wide range of new features and improvements
Espoo, Finland - Nokia has announced a software update to the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic to further improve the performance and add new functionalities to the device. The software update is immediately available for download on Nokia Software Update website (http://www.nokia.com/softwareupdate) free of charge (data charges may apply).
Improvements in the new software version include faster data download from Internet, improved e-mail experience, better search experience with in-device search. Many additional features are also included in the software update:
- Faster user interface and faster download times
- New camcorder features: second camera support for still image capture in addition to video calls, burst mode that allows people to take multiple pictures one after another without needing to repress the picture taking button
- Mobile Dictionary: built-in dictionary functionality with voice playback of words utilizing text-to-speech technology, support for 38 languages
- Application Update: with Application Update people can check for available updates for applications and update them directly in the device. Applications can also be kept up-to-date by setting the checking to automatic.
"The update includes great improvements in the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. As mobile devices become more and more advanced, additional features and new functionalities are easy to install to the existing device. We recommend people to take advantage of the new features and upgrade their Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, and get more from their existing device," said Soren Petersen, Senior Vice President, Devices, Nokia.
Nokia regularly releases firmware updates for many device models and improves the overall experience by adding new functionality and improving performance.
Nokia is the world's number one manufacturer of mobile devices by market share and a leader in the converging Internet and communications industries. We make a wide range of devices for all major consumer segments and offer Internet services that enable people to experience music, maps, media, messaging and games. We also provide comprehensive digital map information through NAVTEQ and equipment, solutions and services for communications networks through Nokia Siemens Networks.
Tel. +358 7180 34900
Most recent press releases
- 25 February 2014 - Nokia nets 2 Global Mobile Awards, makes history with the Nokia 105
- 24 February 2014 - Nokia welcomes Android developers; expands global developer footprint with momentum across Lumia and Asha
- 24 February 2014 - Nokia connects the next billion with affordable smartphones