Published September 5, 2005 | By Nokia - Press Release
EADS acquisition of Nokia's Professional Mobile Radio business successfully completed
- EADS becomes a global player for secure telecommunication through leading TETRA and TETRAPOL technologies
- New line of business EADS Secure Networks offers innovative solutions through the two major technology platforms
Munich, Germany - The acquisition of Nokia's Professional Mobile Radio (PMR) activities by EADS is now finalized. In late July, the European Commission approved the purchase within the framework of EU law concerning monopolies and competition. With immediate effect, all PMR activities within EADS have been grouped together to form the new founded line of business EADS Secure Networks.
The launch of EADS Secure Networks marks a new era in the European PMR industry. Through its ability to offer homeland security and mission critical solutions, EADS Systems House DCS has firmly established itself as a competitive global player in the market. EADS is the only company in the world that can offer highly secure, digital radio communication systems and terminals based on the two leading digital radio standards, TETRA and TETRAPOL. As the largest European PMR vendor, EADS sees strong opportunities in tapping new sales potentials worldwide.
The two technologies will be further developed so that existing and new customers can be offered the best solution for their respective individual requirements.
EADS Secure Networks business is a global market leader in this sector, having set up 130 digital radio networks in 56 countries, more than 30 of which are nation-wide.
The Defence and Communications Systems (DCS) Business Unit is the "Systems House" of EADS and is part of the EADS Defence & Security Systems Division (DS). EADS Defence & Security Systems, with revenues of about 5.4 billion in 2004 and roughly 23,000 employees across ten nations, forms the defence and security pillar within EADS. It offers integrated systems solutions to the new challenges confronting armed forces and homeland security units. It is active in the areas of military aircraft, missile systems, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems with manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), battlefield management systems, defence electronics, sensors and avionics, and related services.
EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2004, EADS generated revenues of 31.8 billion and employed a workforce of about 110,000.
Nokia is a world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia connects people to each other and the information that matters to them with easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, devices and solutions for imaging, games, media and businesses. Nokia provides equipment, solutions and services for network operators and corporations.
Tel: +49 89 607 34850
Tel: +358 7180 38198
Tel: +358 7180 34900
Most recent press releases
- 05 December 2013 - Nokia Italia Partners with Sky and Microsoft for the Global Debut of Sky Go on Nokia Lumia devices
- 19 November 2013 - Nokia Extraordinary General Meeting 2013 confirms and approves the sale of substantially all of Nokia’s Devices & Services business to Microsoft
- 04 November 2013 - Samsung extends the patent license agreement between Nokia and Samsung for five years; companies will enter into binding arbitration to settle the amount of additional compensation